Welcome to the 58th edition of the #FOAMed Review!
The idea of the FOAMed review is to give you a digestible selection of reliable content from the online EM/CC world, including interesting and relevant evidence based medicine, that you can fit into your busy weekly schedule.
Successful Tracheal Intubation In Children With Difficult Airways: Seven Secret Techniques
EMERGENCY MEDICINE/CRITICAL CARE LITERATURE OF INTEREST
- Identifying Patients Suitable for Discharge After a Single-Presentation High-Sensitivity Troponin Result: A Comparison of Five Established Risk Scores and Two High-Sensitivity Assay PMID: 26260100
- More Than One Third of Intubations in Patients Transferred to Burn Centers are Unnecessary: Proposed Guidelines for Appropriate Intubation of the Burn Patient PMID: 26284640
- The Early Repolarization Pattern: A Consensus Paper PMID: 26205599
- Overdiagnosis of Pulmonary Embolism by Pulmonary CT Angiography PMID: 26204274
- Electrolyte and Acid-Base Disturbances in Patients with Diabetes Mellitus PMID: 26244308
THE EVOLUTION OF PAIN MANAGEMENT IN THE ED [PODCAST]: Listen to the full-length Grand Rounds recording of Sergey Motov, a pain expert, who discusses the evolving treatment of pain management in the ED hosted by Core EM.
SHORTNESS OF BREATH AND ST SEGMENT ELEVATION [BLOG]: A middle aged man with history of MI presented by EMS for the sudden onset of difficulty breathing. Read more, here at Dr. Smith's ECG Blog.
EARLY VENT WEANING TO HFNC IN HYPOXEMIC RESPIRATORY FAILURE [BLOG]: A proposal for extubation to HFNC in patients with hypoxic respiratory failure from Josh Farkas at Pulm Crit. While this may not yet be ready for primetime it has promising appeal.
What you need for an ED Thoracotomy
By Scott Weingart
Mechanical Circulatory Support for the Emergency Physician
By Felipe Teran