Welcome to the 59th edition of the #FOAMed Review!
The idea of the FOAMed review is to give you a digestible selection of reliable content from the online EM/CC world, including interesting and relevant evidence based medicine, that you can fit into your busy weekly schedule.
EM in 5
Ultrasound of the Week
LITERATURE OF INTEREST
- Postural modification to the standard Valsalva manoeuvre for emergency treatment of supraventricular tachycardias (REVERT): a randomized controlled trial Open Access
- Perioperative Bridging Anticoagulation in Patients with Atrial Fibrillation PMID: 26095867
- Noninvasive regional cerebral oxygen saturation for neurological prognostication of patients with out-of-hospital cardiac arrest: A prospective multicenter observational study PMID: 24606889
- Does Albumin Infusion Reduce Renal Impairment and Mortality in Patients With Spontaneous Bacterial Peritonitis? PMID: 26234193
- Vasopressors for the Treatment of Septic Shock: Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis PMID: 26237037
ASTHMA MANAGEMENT [BLOG]: Excellent post describing the evidence behind 3 very frequently used treatments in the management of asthma. EM Lyceum
CARDIAC TAMPONADE & CARDIOMYOPATHIES [LECTURE]: Dr. Lorrel Brown discusses cardiac tamponade physiology as well as a variety of cardiomyopathies in an excellent talk from Louisville Lectures.
NEUROTRAUMA [PODCAST]: This talk focuses on traumatic brain injury, particularly on traumatic subarachnoid hemorrhage and transfusion threshold in traumatic brain injury. Intensive Care Network
NICOTINE TOXICITY, A NEW TREND IN TOX [BLOG]: Nicotine toxicity is becoming more common in light of the era of e-cigarettes and other nicotine replacement. Learn about this evolving toxidrome that may end up in your ED. Boring EM